Among the white wines of the Zanovello Selections, the Manzoni Bianco Veneto IGT is one of the most striking in terms of flavour, complexity on the palate and persistence. A white wine to be tasted even over the years to grasp the interesting evolution of the typical hydrocarbon hints.
The Manzoni Bianco lives on well-drained soils mixed with marl and rhyolitic rocks. The sip is full with an excellent acid – sapid balance.
- 2023Vitae, AIS: Manzoni Bianco 2019 - 3 Vines
- 2023Gambero Rosso: Manzoni Bianco 2019 - 2 glasses
- 2023I Vini di Veronelli: Manzoni Bianco 2019 - 88 points
- 2022Gambero Rosso: Sottovenda 2018 - 2 glasses
- 2022Vitae, AIS: Sottovenda 2018 - 3 vines
- 2019BioWeinPreis: Pedevenda 2017 - Golden Medal, 92 points
- 2019Touring Club: Pedevenda 2016 - 4 stars
- 2018Vitae, AIS: Pedevenda 2015 - 3 vines
- 2018I Vini di Veronelli: Pedevenda 2015 - 88 points
- 2017I Vini di Veronelli: Pedevenda 2014 - 3 stars, 90 points
- 2016Gambero Rosso: Pedevenda 2013 - 2 glasses
- 2016I Vini di Veronelli: Pedevenda 2013 - 2 red stars, 88 points
- 2016Touring Editore: Pedevenda 2013 - 3 stars
- Grape varieties Manzoni Bianco
- Alcohol % vol 13.5
- Total acidity 5.5 g/l
- Sugar 5.5 g/l
- pH 3.41
- Total sulfites 29 mg/l
For you who love to discover the secrets of our vineyards and wines.Log in
Memorable for its balance and complexity, 2019 gave us wines that were excellent right from the start and capable of surprising evolution.
- Amount 7740
- Bottle colour
- Capacity 0,75 l
- Typology Burgundy bottle
- Recycling indications View
The Manzoni Bianco grape gives us an expressive, full-bodied wine that expresses intense hints of citrus and crisp white-fleshed fruit, mineral and slightly hydrocarbon notes on the nose.
History of Manzoni Bianco
Manzoni Bianco was created in the 1930s in the Oenological School of Conegliano, a point of reference for oenology thanks to prominent figures such as the teacher and later headmaster Luigi Manzoni. He studied vine diseases and genetics with the aim of obtaining varieties that were better in terms of quality and more resistant to disease than those cultivated until then. From 1924 to 1935 he experimented with hundreds of hybridisations among grape varieties, first using table grapes, then wine grapes.
Some crosses were very successful, among them the Incrocio Manzoni 6.0.13 (Riesling Renano X Pinot Bianco), which we have been cultivating on the slopes of Monte Venda since the 1980s thanks to Franco Zanovello’s desire to experiment. From these deep soils rich in organic substance, characterised by a good temperature range and exposure, we produce a wine of great pleasantness and longevity
Our Manzoni Bianco is ideal with baked turbot and potatoes, crudités and stuffed pastas. Also perfect with a selection of medium-aged cheeses. We recommend serving at around 12-14°C.