The Sassonero Merlot Colli Euganei DOC from the Zanovello red wine selection is a full-bodied and enveloping Merlot. The surprising persistence and complexity of taste and fragrance make this red wine a Ca’ Lustra excellence.
Difficulties temper man and vine: our Merlot vines, fearless, face torrid and dry summers generating an intense and heady wine, suitable for ageing.
- 2023Vitae, AIS: Sassonero 2018 - 3 Vines
- 2023Gambero Rosso: Sassonero 2018 - 2 red glasses*
- 2023I Vini di Veronelli: Sassonero 2018 - 88 points, 2 stars
- 2022Go Wine: Sassonero 2017 - Top Wine
- 2022Gambero Rosso: Sassonero 2017 - 2 red glasses*
- 2022Vitae, AIS: Sassonero 2017 - 3 Vines
- 2021Go Wine: Sassonero 2016 - Top Wine
- 2021Civiltà del bere – WOW!: Sassonero 2016 - Gold Medal
- 2021Gambero Rosso: Sassonero 2016 - 2 red glasses*
- 2021Vitae, AIS: Sassonero 2016 - 3 Vines
- 2020Gambero Rosso: Sassonero 2015 - 2 red glasses*
- 2020Vitae, AIS: Sassonero 2015 - 3 Vines
- 2020Go Wine: Sassonero 2015 - Top Wine
- 2019Gambero Rosso: Sassonero 2013 - 2 red glasses
- 2019Premio MondoMerlot: Sassonero 2015 - Silver Medal
- 2019Premio Speciale BioDiVino: Sassonero 2015 - Silver Medal
- 2019Go Wine: Sassonero 2013 - Top Wine
- Grape varieties Merlot
- Alcohol % vol 14.5
- Total acidity 6 g/l
- Sugar 2 g/l
- pH N/A
- Total sulfites 20 mg/l
For you who love to discover the secrets of our vineyards and wines.Log in
Memorable for its balance and complexity, 2019 gave us wines that were excellent right from the start and capable of surprising evolution.
- Amount 18876
- Bottle colour
- Capacity 0,75
- Typology Bordeaux bottle
- Recycling indications View
The low yield and ageing in wooden barrels make Sassonero a full-bodied and enveloping Merlot Colli Euganei DOC. A red wine with fruity aromas of blackberries, plums, morello cherries and ripe cherries, surrounded by floral notes of geranium and violets and a delicate spiciness. The elegant structure is balanced by silky tannins, high dryness and great freshness.
History and production of Merlot
Originally from the Gironde in France, Merlot has spread to Italy since the second half of the 19th century.
Our Merlot vines, located on shallow soils and surrounded by outcrops of red limestone scales, 'cling' to the mother rock, generating an intense red wine. Sassonero is named after Sassonegro, the place where we cultivate our vines.
The ruby red colour is impenetrable and dense, immediately revealing the wine’s complexity; the nose opens with heady floral notes and scents of jam and ripe fruit that evolve into balsamic and spicy hints. The excellent tannic texture makes our Sassonero a soft Merlot with a long persistence.
Sassonero Merlot is ideal to accompany a platter of cold cuts, as well as second courses of meat, in particular a delicious pork fillet with plums. Leave to decant and serve at around 18°C.