Moro Polo Rosso Colli Euganei DOC is a red wine from the Zanovello Selections created from a blend of Merlot and Cabernet grapes.
Moro Polo is a surprising and pleasant companion at the table: full-bodied and fresh at the same time, enveloping and persistent on the palate.
The proud and forthright character of our wine honours “Moro Polo”, a forester who guarded the vast slopes of Monte Venda during the last century.
- 2023I Vini di Veronelli: Moro Polo 2019 - 2 stars
- 2023Vitae, AIS: Moro Polo 2019 - 3 Vines
- 2023Gambero Rosso: Moro Polo 2019 - 2 glasses
- 2022Gambero Rosso: Moro Polo 2017 - 2 glasses
- 2022Vitae, AIS: Moro Polo 2017 - 3 Vines
- 2021Biodivino Città del Vino: Moro Polo 2016 - Golden Medal
- 2021Gambero Rosso: Moro Polo 2016 - 2 glasses*
- 2021Vitae, AIS: Moro Polo 2016 - 3 Vines
- 2020BereBene Gambero Rosso: Moro Polo 2015 - Best Quality/Price
- 2020Gambero Rosso: Moro Polo 2015 - 2 glasses
- 2020Vitae, AIS: Moro Polo 2015 - 3 vines
- 2019BioWeinPreis: Moro Polo 2015 - Silver Medal
- 2018Gambero Rosso: Moro Polo 2014 - 2 red glasses*
- 2018BereBene Gambero Rosso: Moro Polo 2014 - Best Quality/Price
- 2018Vitae, AIS: Moro Polo 2014 - 3 Vines
- 2018I Vini di Veronelli: Moro Polo 2014 - 89 Points
- Grape varieties Merlot, Cabernet
- Alcohol % vol 13.5
- Total acidity 5.7 g/l
- Sugar 1.8 g/l
- pH N/A
- Total sulfites 29 mg/l
For you who love to discover the secrets of our vineyards and wines.Log in
The 2020 tells of a balanced vintage, expressing itself in the glass with delicacy, softness and harmony.
- Amount 11800
- Bottle colour
- Capacity 0,75 l
- Typology Bordeaux bottle
- Recycling indications View
The red wine Moro Polo has intense ruby red colour, has hints of small red fruits, enveloping sensations of spices and balsamic herbs. It is characterised by a good freshness and surprises with a very clean drinking experience and a persistent end.
History of the Moro Polo and the Bordeaux blend
The journey of Merlot and Cabernet began in the Gironde in France and reached Italy in the second half of the 1800s. The round, ripe fruit of Merlot accompanied by the herbaceous notes and more pronounced tannic texture of Cabernet create the renowned "Bordolese blend".
Every name, every label has a meaning for us. For this Bordeaux wine, we decided to make a special dedication to Antonio Lionello, also known as "Moro Polo". A character closely linked to the land and values of the Euganean Hills, a sworn country guard with an upright and proud soul, capable of cultivating deep friendship and solemn commitment in the community. Moro Polo was chosen as a trusted forester by Count Giusti del Giardino, at the time the owner of vast plots of land on Venda, land that we partly look after today.
Moro Polo Rosso Colli Euganei DOC is perfect served at the table in combination with strong flavours such as red meat, a wild boar stew or pappardelle with a court ragout, and mature cheeses such as malga cheese. Serve at 18°C.